Our longstanding registrar, Gynis Pilbeam, has decided to stand down, so we are looking for a volunteer willing to deal with membership applications and data information management. If you would like to take up the challenge of this developmental role and fancy enhancing your spreadsheet skills this could be your opportunity!
Role of the registrar
To provide the Cambridge Antiquarian Society with effective management of the membership fees and associated monies due to the society.
- respond to emails and letters
- Update members spreadsheet (file)
- update emails on mailchimp (or elevant group mailing system) or send to secretary and CAS Publicity
- deal with returned Gift Aid forms
- pay in subscriptions to the bank. Check bank statement if paying directly to the bank
Collection of membership fees
- collect subscriptions, check bank statements and add details to files
- pay in subscriptions to the bank if by cheque
- chase non-payers by email and then by post
- lapse non payers before autumn postal mailing.
- ensure Gift Aid details are up-to-date
- provide details to the treasurer once a year to enable payment by the government by creating a gift aid file (which goes to HMRC) from the membership spreadsheet, and sending to treasurer to upload online.
Affiliated Societies and Institutions
- Send invoices to institutions and affiliated societies who do not pay in advance collect subscriptions if by cheque, check bank statements for those who pay directly to the bank and add details to files. (Note some institution use library handling services.)
- pay in subscriptions to the bank.if by cheque
- chase non-payers.by email and then by post
- respond to requests from the various officials of the society and from members, affiliated societies and institutions
- add details of changes of contact details, deaths, resignations, etc. to the relevant files; edit the mailchimp list or notify the secretary/ CAS Publicity if needed.
- post copies of previous editions of PCAS or instigate posting as requested
- Send secretary/publicity officer up to date mailing list for posting those members who do not use email. Send full list to relevant companies for membershio card and PCAS mailing
End of year
- provide an end of year report to the treasurer and the secretary.
Reports to council
- provide a status report covering members, affiliated societies and institutions to the secretary for each council meeting
- make known to council any issues and provide information as requested.